Sunday, October 18, 2009

August 26th-ish First Visit to the CIA!

(Yeah I realize that this is being posted 2 months after...)

Of course I'm talking about the CIA that actually matters... The Culinary Institute of America haha. Just kidding, I'm sure the Canadian-Indian Atheists is a very important institution as well...

Anyway, it was amazing being at a place where I've only heard of on television or read about in books by famous chefs (namely Anthony Bourdain).

We got a nice reservation at A. Escoffier restaurant and had an awesome lunch there.

Here's some pictures of the entrees. The presentations were amazing, but a few items on each plate may or may not have been up to the high standards of taste I set in my mind. Oh, and their menu changes as the seasons go... so I have no idea what these dishes were titled (the menu was in french with english subtitles) and I can't really remember exactly what ingredients were in what, but I'll try to remember.

Roast Lamb with Polenta and a Ratatouille?:
Lamb was average but the sauce was really tasty... I think it had hints of nutmeg and orange in it.


Grilled Chilean Seabass (? I think? or Halibut) served in a light broth with vegetables
Dad's dish. Sort of boring.


Duck Confit with some sauce/bok choy, mushrooms and wild rice
My Mom's dish. Very tender duck and delicious sauce
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Filet Mignon with jus and compound butter with a mushroom flan
The flan was amazing. Fluffy and full of flavor.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Raspberry Sorbet with Chocolate Cupcake...
Deliciously sweet... awesome presentation
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Flan with Biscotti and Coffe flavored sauce
Awesome.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment