Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tired!

On your feet for 10 - 11 hours a day 5 - 6 days a week is pretty rough. But it wouldn't be that bad if I weren't coughing up SARs and shit all over the place.
I think I'm starting to feel better though, less coughing, less fatigue, less running to the damn sink every time I cough to wash my freaking hands. I think sleeping more and drinking less will be helpful. Yes.

It's crazy to be working on Christmas Eve and on New Years Eve. These days used to be holidays... all of my friends back together in our little town... drinking and playing board games in my house on the eve... but not anymore. Now I'm a slave to all the people who are partying and celebrating on those days. But it's not bad being surrounded by the staff at Uproot. Lotta laughs, lotta randomness, lotta good food, and often times, a lot of stress. Hopefully, in a few more weeks, I can prep all my cold appetizer ingredients faster and do all the dessert prep... and execute plates faster (more timely) and with more fluidity... and ramble and ramble. Thinly slicing shit to order is pretty badass, but also really time consuming. 30 or so slices of 3 - 4 different root vegetables for one of our signature salads... or slicing off a few pieces of pear/apple/blood orange... still slow, but getting faster. It's not like I can throw 3 different orders into a bowl and say that they are "cooking"... everything has to be done by hand one at a time.

Almost fell asleep 10 times on the drive back home... can barely think straight. Wish I had more coherent and cohesive thoughts to put up here... but yeah. fuck it.


Fail.

Call me if you are in Monty and want to hang out with a few Monty people... My house should be free and I will buy some booze tomorrow. =\. Frank/Chris/Charles/OBrien/Fuller?

1 comment:

  1. dod sucks. frustrating mgs. when are you gonna post again? Keep up the good work and keep increasing the quality of their menu items

    ReplyDelete